Rather by accident I discovered that the lovely Lost Girl has nominated me for the versatile blogging award. I’m not quite sure how this all works, but I’ll just try and do whatever she did. I quote:
Nominees, here are the rules:
- Show the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 blogs
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know
So, ahm, yeah. It’s more of a “share the love” gesture than an award in the usual sense then? Anyway, I’d love to share some love! Step 1: I’ll somehow manage to get that icon thing displayed on my blog.
Step 2: Dear Lost Girl, thank you very much for nominating me, that is too kind. You don’t seem so lost, if you don’t mind me saying, but anyway, it is truly impressive how much love and time you put into that blog of yours!
So, then, seven facts about me:
- My favourite animals (I know, bit lame, but let’s roll with it) are tortoises. I could watch them for hours. They seem so calm and collected and wise, but at the same time always a bit mischievous.
- I have an unbelievable talent for procrastination – right now, for example, I should be studying for an exam that is in exactly one week and very important. But, oh well.
- My coffee standards have dropped over the last few years. I grew up around glorious filter coffee, then downgraded to a french press and now I even drink instant coffee. Laziness, I guess. Milk, no sugar.
- I have a tendency to buy things I don’t need on Amazon. Right now in my basket: a wine decanter, a microfiber towel and a first aid kit. They’re all quite useful things to have, but not exactly essential to my life right now.
- So far, I cannot drive a car. I have started taking driving lessons three weeks ago in order to alleviate this fact.
- I love all things fiction, except fantasy: I don’t even like Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones.
- My internet connection is constantly unreliable, which I can’t really deal with.
I’ve lost track of the number of steps, but the nominations are next, I think:
- Dark Roast – witty personal blog peppered with wonderfully hilarious gifs
- sarah goodreau – an illustrator sharing her work, what more do I need to say
- cookin 5m2 – this guy’s cinnamon rolls are to die for
- Adventure Is Waiting – Megan is on her year abroad and willing to share her adventures
- Catherine, Caffeinated – lovely blog by the wizard of self-publishing
- European Travel Adventures – one of my favourite travel blogs: very personal, very hands-on
- The Tezzy Files – a beautiful young lady writing beautifully about her life in the UAE
- Small Town Girls Midnight Trains – extremely diverse and entertaining travel blog, a true gem
- Fieldwork In Stilettos – great personal and professional blog by a lady who just kind of has a lot of wisdom and anecdotes to share
- A Year Of Reading The World – all-time favourite reading blog based on genious idea
So I hope I did everything right. Ideally, everything I’ve said about those blogs is accurate and they are all okay with being nominated, if not I am sincerely sorry.