Here we go, finally. This is loooong overdue. Back in the day (like a month ago or so) Tezzy over at The Tezzy Files nominated me for a Liebster Award (thanks again and sorry for leaving it so long!) and I’ve put it off until another nomination kind of forced me to get moving. Thanks for finding me Lost Girl!
What do I do now? The more or less official rules state that one should mention the person(s) who nominated you, answer their 11 questions and then nominate 11 other bloggers to answer 11 questions that you made up. Well, I guess I just gotta answer 22 questions then.
Let’s start with Tezzy’s questions, shall we?
- What is your biggest blogging inspiration? Life, I guess. All the rumblings going in and out of my brain. Books and TV and food and songs and all of that.
- What is your best kept beauty secret? Oh, I’m a bit helpless when it comes to make up and all of that. But, I do believe in moisturizer. For me, moisturizing is almost a sacred process, it makes everything better.
- Describe your personal style in 5 words. Casual, confused, comfortable, (I’m running out of words starting with C, sorry) low-brow, spontaneous
- If you had all the money in the world, what would you be doing? Travelling the world, although that’s a cliche. I guess after some time I’d buy a nice flat in central London, enroll at UCL (seriously who can afford nine grand a year plus living in London) and study various languages for a decade or so.
- List three things you’d want to have on you if you were stranded on a deserted island. A really good friend (preferably someone who could double as a lover), sun tan lotion (aka moisturizer with SPF) and a fully stacked e-reader with a million good books (and some bad ones so I can have a bit of a rant from time to time).
- Who is the one person you’d want with you on that island? Hm. I haven’t really found that really good friend who can double as a lover yet…
- Name a celebrity you aspire to be. Scarlet Johannson. I adore/idolize/worship her.
- The genie in the lamp grants you three wishes. What will they be? Ok. For starters, I’d like to be more capable of everyday life. Stop forgetting or losing things or always being late, for example. Then, I wish I could cook. For that, I would not only need the skills of a master chef, but also the patience to spend more than 10 minutes in front of a stove. Oh, and I’d like some self-confidence, please. Not too much, but a decent amount.
- What is your fondest childhood memory? I remember the books I read as a child as if the plots were my own memories. My favourite author was Astrid Lindgren, so when I think of my childhood, I always think of the Swedish countryside.
- Name a food dish that takes you back to your childhood. I was an extremely picky child. I didn’t eat meat or most vegetables, so whenever I went to dinner at my grandparents’ all I ate was potatoes with gravy, and it was my favourite dish in the whole world.
- What is your biggest food craving as an adult? Um. Any kind of Greek food. Especially gigantes, giant beans.
That was only the first batch, friends, hang in there. Moving on… Here are Kassandra’s questions:
- Why did you start your blog? To relieve my friends and family of some of the thoughts that cross my mind and need to be shared with the world.
- If you could make a living blogging would you quit your current job? I’m a student, so no. Also, I think it wouldn’t do me good.
- What topic do you wish you could blog about, but are too afraid? Um, hard to say. I played with the idea of writing a post titled “10 extremely unhealthy (but effective) dieting tips”, which I, as a former anorexic, am an expert on. But it’s a bit of a downer and I hate the idea that someone might be influenced negatively by it, so no no.
- Do you share your blog with family and friends? No. The idea is to find another outlet for my crazy thought processes. Also it’s quite liberating not to.
- Has your blog ever upset a family member or friend? Hence, no.
- Everyone on earth subscribed to your blog, what would your next blog post be about? How awesome the Netflix series ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ is.
- Name one celebrity you wish was reading your blog. (This person can be living or dead.) Scarlet Johannson (see above)
- Who/what is your favorite blogger/blog? I love Flavorwire.
- Would you ever want to collaborate on a post with another blogger? Hm… No. I’m more of a solitary worker/writer/blogger. I love interacting with others, but teaming up isn’t my strong spot.
- Which blog topic is your guilty pleasure? Ugh this is easy. There is something perversely satisfying in blogging about blogging (about blogging).
- What is the one thing you really dislike about blogging? The guilty feeling in my throat when I don’t tend to my blog regularly.
I MADE IT!! Just gotta come up with my own stuff now, very sorry if it turns out to be a bit random…
100 Days Of Sunshine Tenure, She Wrote That’s So Jacob Dark Roast Paige Hanson Ellis Goes On Holiday Finding My Inner Zen Stories From The Belly Some Type Of Artist I Refuse To Follow Your Blog Storyshucker
And here are my questions:
- What is your signature dish?
- Your favourite Britney Spears song?
- What do you catch yourself doing when you think nobody is looking?
- If you started a cult, who (or what) would you worship?
- Who is your weirdest celebrity crush?
- Honestly, what do you think was there first, hen or egg?
- Imagine you could ban one phrase that people keep saying (like “What up” or “That’s what she said” or “Zu Risiken und Nebenwirkungen fragen Sie Ihren Arzt oder Apotheker*”), which one would it be?
- Would you rather live in a house or a flat? And why?
- What’s your favourite meme/gif?
- What’s the most tasteless item you own?
- Which 11 bloggers do you want to nominate for the Liebster Award?
I know the last one is a cheat, but I’m really hungry now and I’ve decided to treat myself to sushi today, so I need to go 😉